Crispy Egg Noodles with Chinese Broccoli
This Thai dish consists of a bed of crispy noodles, topped with stir fried vegetables, pork and flavored with a thick gravy-like sauce
- 7 Oz Pork Shoulder chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Seasoning sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 3 Oz Egg noodles
- 17 Oz Water
- 0.4 Oz Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Oz Chinese broccoli chopped
- 1 Oz Carrot chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Thai Soybean Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Water
- In a small blow add the sliced pork, soy sauce, seasoning sauce, sugar, oil, water and black pepper. Combine until all juice gone.
- In another bowl, add 3 tablespoons of corn starch and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix together and set aside.
- Add about 2 inches of oil to a wok. Place the wok on medium-high heat and bring temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Gently drop the egg noodles in the oil. Let it cook slowly until noodles turn brown and crispy. Remove the noodles using two spatulas.
- In another pan or wok, add about 2 tablespoon of oil and garlic, stir frying quickly until fragrant; do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the marinated pork from the first step and stir fry until almost cooked through.
- Add the water, oyster sauce, Thai soybean paste, sugar, Chinese broccoli, carrots and simmer about 5-7 minutes
- Retrieve the corn starch slurry bowl from the second step. Stir with a fork so the cornstarch is dispersed. Add the slurry to the pan with the pork & vegetables. Mix with a spatula for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Spoon the vegetable,pork,sauce mixture over noodles and serve!