Thai Coconut Chicken Soup ( Tom Kha Gai )
Tom Kha Gai (ต้มข่าไก่) is a popular Thai soup, that's eaten more like a curry. The base of the dish is coconut milk, so it's creamy and rich. It's not known as being a spicy Thai dish, but it's still full of delicious and well balanced flavor.
- 9.5 Oz Chicken breast
- 6.7 Oz Coconut milk
- 13.5 Oz Water
- 1.4 Oz Shallots Cut into wedges
- 1.8 Oz Lemon grass 1 Stalk - White part only, chopped
- 0.03 Oz Kaffir Lime Leaf Torn (~5 Leaves)
- 0.4 Oz Galangal thinly sliced
- 0.6 Oz Culantro chopped
- 0.6 Oz Cilantro chopped
- 0.6 Oz Red chilis chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1/2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Add water, lemongrass, galangal and Shallots into a pot and bring it to boil
- Add chicken and boil it on medium heat for a few minutes, skim off scum, until the chicken is cooked through
- Add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaf, red chilis and boil for a couple more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add tamarin paste, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Add chopped cilantro and culantro before serving.