Thai Larb Moo
Larb (ลาบ) is a Thai salad, but it’s not a vegetable salad, instead it’s a meat salad. The minced pork is wonderfully seasoned with fish sauce, chili flakes, lime juice, toasted sticky rice to give it some crunchy texture, and a wonderful assortment of fresh herbs to bring it all together.If you’ve eaten larb (ลาบ), I’m sure you love it, but if you’ve never tried it, you’re in for a real treat!
- 16 Oz Ground pork
- 0.7 Oz Shallots finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Galangal finely chopped
- 0.5 Oz Green onion finely chopped
- 0.5 Oz Cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Lemon grass finely chopped
- 7-8 Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Tamarind paste
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Rice Powder
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chili flakes
- Heat a pan on low heat. Add Garlic, Lemon grass, Galangal, Shallot. Stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Transfer from pan into a mortar.
- Grind together into a paste.
- Add Ground pork and Tamarind paste to a saucepan (do not turn on heat yet). Mix them together thoroughly. Turn the heat on to Medium-High.
- Stir-fried the pork, breaking it into small minced pieces, until it’s fully cooked all the way through and add the paste from the mortar.
- Mix everything together until all juice gone. Add the Chili flakes
- Turn off the heat and add Sugar, Fish sauce, Lime Juice, Toasted Rice Powder, Mint, Green onion and Cilantro to taste.