Vegetarian Spring Rolls
An easy recipe to make Thai spring rolls, prepared with vegetables and served with chili dip: don't miss this step-by-step recipe if you're craving Thai food.
- 12 Oz Cabbage shredded
- 2 Packs Glass noodles
- 3.5 Oz Carrots
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Eggs
- 1 Pack Spring Roll Pastry
- 3 Cup Oil
- In a large saute pan or wok, add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Turn on the heat to medium-high and add garlic.
- When garlic turns slightly brown, add the cabbage and carrots. Turn heat to high and stir-fry the vegetables for about 2 minutes. Add in the soy sauce, sugar, salt and sesame oil. Cook for another minute.
- Add the glass noodles (if not using fresh, prepare per the manufacturer's instructions). Mix everything together
- Break the egg into a bow and beat to mix thoroughly.
- Place a spring roll pastry on a flat surface, add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture into a corner of the wrapper.
- Roll the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly around the mixture.
- Fold the two side corners towards the middle of the wrapper while continuing to roll up. Paint the top edge with the egg slurry mixture and wrap tightly the rest of the way.
- Make sure all edges are tightly sealed. Place seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid drying out. If edges are coming loose, apply some additional egg mixture.
- In a medium saucepan add about 2 inches of cooking oil. Bring the temperature up to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).Slide several spring rolls into the oil without overcrowding and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes, turning them over a couple times, or until spring roll are golden brown.
- Remove the spring roll to a cooling rack or paper-towel-covered plate to allow them to drain. Serve hot.