Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
The dish captures the eye with its vivid color – It is beautiful, bright and happy! – and it fits well within the comfort zone of most westerners. It is not surprising that this dish has made its way to the top of the charts, consistently ranked among the top ten tastiest Thai dishes served abroad.
- 12 Oz Chicken thighs cut into bite-size cubes
- 0.2 Oz Garlic Cloves about 2
- 1 Oz Red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 1.5 Oz White onion sliced into wedges
- 0.3 Oz Green onion cut in 1 Inch
- 0.2 Oz Dried Red Chilis about 6
- 1.7 Oz White mushroom Slice
- 2.4 Oz Raw cashews
- 2 Oz All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame oil
- Mix the sauce seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- Roll the chicken cubes in salt, white pepper and flour
- Remove any excess flour, and deep fry the chicken on medium-high heat (375 F) until it turns light golden. Then drain the chicken and set it aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts until light golden, set them aside on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Fry the dried chilies until shiny and crispy and set aside as well
- Add about 3 tablespoon of oil and the garlic, and stir fry quickly until fragrant; do not allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the white mushroom and stir fry until they get soft
- Add the fried chicken, along with the seasoning sauce and stir fry until it thickens.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and green onion stir fry for a couple minute.
- Add the cashew nuts, and dry chilies, and stir fry until everything is coated in the sticky sauce.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice