Duck Stew with Five Spices
A whole duck is stewed in a flavorful combination on spices that include star anise, szechuan peppers and cinnamon stick in this easy recipe. Serve with rice or noodle and stir fried vegetables on the side for a hearty and delicious meal.
- 88 Oz Duck (1 duck)
- 100 Oz Water
- 4 Oz Palm sugar
- 0.1 Oz Five Spice
- 0.5 Oz Cilantro leaves and stems
- 1.4 Oz Garlic Cloves
- 0.1 Oz Star anise
- 0.1 Oz Black pepper corn
- 3 Cinnamon stick
- 0.1 Oz Szechuan Peppercorn
- 3 Oz Galangal Slice
- 1/2 Cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Seasoning sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup Oyster sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chinese cooking wine
- In a deep pan add the star anise, szechuan peppers, black pepper and cinnamon stick. Keep stirring for a 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cilantro , galangal, five spice powder, soy sauce, seasoning sauce, sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, palm sugar and water
- Boil for approximately 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Get another large pot, and strain the contents from your pan into the new pot, leaving a smooth broth.
- Add your duck to the pan and bring to a slow boil. Once boiling, simmer on low heat.
- After 40 minutes turn over the duck. Continue the simmer for another 35 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the pan and after drained, place on a cutting board. Cur remove the meat from the bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Add the duck meat back into your pan to heat back through. Serve & Enjoy!