Thai Green Curry with Chicken (Kaeng Khiao Wan Kai)
Thai cuisine relies heavily on the balance of aromatics. It is all about the flavors and textures. No recipe better illustrates this than Thai green curry also known as Kaeng Khiao Wan Kai.
- 18 Oz Chicken Thighs bite-sized pieces
- 18 Oz Coconut Milk
- 9 Oz Water
- 7 Oz Green Curry Paste
- 7 Oz Thai Eggplant bite-sized pieces
- 0.7 Oz Thai Chilis cut into thick strips
- 1 Oz Thai Basil
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the green curry paste until aromatic
- Add the chicken and stir to combine well with the curry paste
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring it to a quick boil.
- Add the Thai eggplant. Lower the heat to simmer, cover the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the curry slightly thickens.
- Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, Thai chilis and basil leaves. Stir to mix well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice.